The Firefighter Workout Exercise of the Week is The Tadpole. The Tadpole is the Firefighter Level Sprawl in the TACFIT Firefighter: First Alarm program. The Tadpole requires mobility through the hips to generate strength and move dynamically through a full range of motion.
- This exercise begins with the flat foot squat.
- Place palms on the ground with your back straight and shoulders packed.
- Extend your legs back in a wide sweeping motion maintaining heel contact with the ground at all times.
- Keep your shoulders packed, elbows tucked in and core activated as you sweep your legs back.
- Return to the flat foot squat before standing.
- Complete repetitions as quickly as possible without sacrificing proper technique.
Common Mistakes To Avoid
- Engaging the ground before achieving a flat foot squat.
- Losing shoulder pack and/or core activation as you extend your legs.
- Bringing your heels off of the ground as you sweep your legs back.
- Standing without confirming the flat foot squat position.