The Firefighter Workout Exercise of the Week is The Burpee. The Burpee is the Proby Level Sprawl in the TACFIT Firefighter: First Alarm program. This burpee is a little different than the 8 count burpee or the full push-up burpee that you have done before. The goal here is to engage the ground and return to your feet as quickly as possible while maintaining body structure. We want to maximize efficiency and minimize effort through proper structure and technique.
- Begin this movement with a flat foot squat.
- Place your palms on the ground with your back straight, shoulders packed and elbow pits rotated forward.
- Extend both legs back while activating your core and glutes to protect your low back.
- Return to the flat foot squat before standing.
- Complete repetitions as fast as possible without sacrificing proper body structure and technique.
Common Mistakes To Avoid
- Reaching for the ground before you have achieved a flat foot squat.
- Bending the elbows and losing shoulder pack.
- Standing up before confirming the flat foot squat once again.