Are You Ready??
To celebrate and unify our TACFIT family, Ryan and I will be facilitating the first ever “95-Day First Alarm Fitness Challenge!”
We will kick off on April 16th and all of us will perform the entire First Alarm program together for 95 days.
This will be a Team Competition! Form a team of 3-5 participants and track your progress on a daily basis. We will be posting scores, questions, comments, videos, etc. on the First Alarm forum and Facebook.
Not only is the challenge a lot of fun, but it provides camaraderie, teamwork, and brings out the best effort in all of us! How do I know? Because we have already held a TACFIT Challenge on a local basis with awesome results! An outline of the challenge and the results were published in Fire Engineering.
JOIN US FOR THE FIRST ALARM FITNESS CHALLENGE
Christian and I firmly believe that improved firefighter health and performance begins with a comprehensive fitness program and healthy nutrition choices. We have designed First Alarm to give you the knowledge and tools you need to meet your firefighter fitness goals.
The First Alarm Fitness Challenge is a great opportunity for you to focus on improving your health and performance with a like-minded global community supporting you every step of the way!
Just a few of the results from our previous TACFIT Challenge:
- Decreased Body Fat
- Increased Muscle Mass
- Improved Muscular Strength and Endurance
- Greater Aerobic/Work Capacity
- Improved Mobility
- Better Recovery
- Greater Results Through “Team” Oriented Training
- Personal Accountability Using the Compliance Scoring System
Don’t miss your chance to be a part of this World Wide Challenge. If you are not a First Alarm Member, join today! We kick off on April 16th.
Assemble Your Team
- Assemble a team of 3-5 people to participate in the challenge
- Select your team name
- Elect a Team Captain
- Send your team roster to firstname.lastname@example.org (Be sure to include your team name, the Team Captain’s name, and where your team is from)
- Be sure all team members have read through the First Alarm Training Manual
- Watch the instructional and follow along videos to deepen your understanding of the training protocol each day
The 95-Day Fitness Challenge
Days 1-3: Pre-Test
- April 16th: Perform the TACFIT Fire Fighter High Intensity Test as a team. You will find this workout in Cycle 7 (High Intensity Metabolic Conditioning). The training protocol is “Each Minute on the Minute.” Record the score for each team member on the program chart provided in your training manual. Be sure to post your scores on the forum and Facebook.
- April 17th: Complete the TACFIT Fire Fighter Joint Mobility Session. You will find this workout in each Cycle (No Intensity Joint Mobility).
- April 18th: Perform the Cycle 7 Compensatory Movement Session.
- Use this Pre-Test period to review the First Alarm Training Manual and instructional videos. Contact us with any questions that may arise.
Days 4-95: First Alarm
- April 19th: Begin Cycle 1, Day 1 at the Recruit Level. Follow the First Alarm Training Calendar as designed for the entire program.
Scoring For The Fitness Challenge
- Scoring for the 95-day Fitness Challenge will be based on the TACFIT Fire Fighter Compliance Scoring System. You will find compliance scoring instructions and calendar in your training manual.
- You will not track compliance scores for the “Pre-Test.” You can practice recording your scores, but formal tracking will not begin until April 19th when you begin the First Alarm Training Program.
- Team Captains are encouraged to post 8-day averages in the First Alarm forum, as well as our Facebook page. Please calculate scores to the 100th decimal point.
- The team with the highest average compliance score for the entire program will be declared the 2012 First Alarm Fitness Challenge Champions!
There will soon be a forum on our website that will allow participants from around the world to ask questions, post their scores and encourage each other through 95 days of physical training. Check us out on Facebook as well.
Get started by accessing your First Alarm program and securing a spot for your team!
Thank you for your dedication to health and fitness. We can’t wait to hear your success stories as you progress through the program. Please contact us with any comments, questions, or concerns that you have.
Train hard, train smart and stay safe!
Christian and Ryan